Use common sense, be fair, honest and stir in the proper protocol for the review site and your voice will be heard.
Here are some general rules, important ones you may see over and over for retention, others are considered, "common sense" to most internet gurus. If you are an internet guru like myself, goto Give them what they deserve.
Rules for Dummies
To the "for Dummies" addicts listen up this is your final warning. The types of things considered common sense by freaks and geeks is not tolerated in these parts of the internet. Things seen everyday on sites like Craigslist, eBay and even Facebook are largely forbidden in customer review sites. While offenders see nothing wrong with these faux pas the rest of us are glad the filters PREVENT!!!!!!! U.S. from HAVing t0 !!!!!L@@K!!!!! @ tHI$$$ type 0F $#!*!@$%#.1.
Talk human, avoid sounding like a commercial, never use marketing speak, never try to sound high class, important or bigger then you are.2.
Be Fair, be honest give a score based on true performance, solid five-star reviews make you look, a bit "off-colour".3.
Don't let emotion rule your review, stay calm, do not use excessive punctuation, ALL CAPS, M!X3D L#++#r$ or clever words for emphasis. "Get good" before you, "Get funny"4.
Do not be obscene, profane, graphic, offensive or launch personal attacks against a person, company or targeted groups.5.
When possible keep your reviews short and state only the facts, statistically a good review is 25-55 words.6.
Don't grow too fast, take your time do your research and pay your dues slowly, going from 0-50 reviews in a weekend is bad.
Give them what they deserve
To give them a review they deserve your voice must be heard, sometimes rules for negative reviews are a bit stricter positive ones. This is how it should be, you should not tear down something you did not build just because you can.
Have honor and follow the rules, understand what an exaggerated positive or negative review can do to a company before you post angry, intoxicated by alcohol, drugs or what ever makes you happy.
We selected these top review sites, Google, Facebook, TripAdvisor and Yelp as they represent a good generalization of the rules. Follow the top tips for the review site and you have the highest chance of getting your reviews seen by others. After you get better stay up with protocols for your review site and watch your own reviews climb to the top of the first page.
Facebook Review tips1.
- Sign In or Sign up for a Facebook account
complete your profile information and select a picture, first time users with incomplete profiles are not currently filtered.2.
- Login to Facebook using any device Facebook app or browser, find and goto the businesses Facebook page.3.
- Find the Review Stars on the left side of the Businesses Facebook Timeline, Click the stars enter the review section4.
- At the top see your Icon, "Tell us what you think" and choose a rating for your review to begin.5.
- Write your review - The use obscene, profane, or offensive language or the launch of personal attacks on others and your review will be flagged by others for removal.6.
- Click to select your audience.7.
- Click Done.8.
- Reviews that get shared, liked or get comments will stay up high longer.9.
- Never ask your friends to share, like or comment on your reviews via Facebook, if you do this you may trigger spam alerts.10.
- Include pictures to increase populariaty, if you use hyperlinks that support your review it can increase your reviews value, ie. current government inspection reports.
Top 10 Google Review tips1.
- Sign In or Sign up for Google Local Guides account
and complete your profile information and include your picture, first time user with an incomplete profiles may be filtered.2.
- Login using a mobile device post the review using the Google Local app.3.
- Avoid the use of: links to other websites, email addresses, phone numbers or any persons full name4.
- Describe each review in some detail to gain trustworthiness try to keep your reviews 25-55 words.5.
- Avoid the use marketing speak, try not to quote a promotions name or commercial content6.
- Ensure your scores have variety, posting only five-star reviews will likely result in filtering7.
- Never repost your reviews, or quote review content from other reviews, stay on topic using only your own personal experience or the review may be flagged as a rant.8.
- Build your list of reviews over time, going from 0-50 reviews in a weekend is a signal for trouble.9.
- Don't share your device with other customers for reviews or post reviews for the same business from multiple accounts using the same device.10.
- Never use obscene, profane, or offensive language or launch personal attacks on others.
Top 5 TripAdvisor Review tips1.
- Sign In or Sign up for Setup a TripAdvisor account
select JOIN at the top right main menu, then complete your profile information.2.
- Login using any device with a browser or use the TripAdvisor app.3.
- Find the business you want to review from popular places or use the search box.4.
- Select the star rating for your review and fill out each review section completely5.
- Add pictures to your review to get more attention.
Top 10 Yelp Review tips1.
- Sign In or Sign up for a Yelp Account
and complete your profile information and include your picture, first time user with an incomplete profile is nearly always filtered.2.
- Connect yelp to your Facebook or Twitter account, absence of social integration or engagement reduces trustworthiness.3.
- Install the Yelp app, check in on location or from an IP nearest the business you intend to review.4.
- If your first review is negative it has the best chance of passing through the filter.5.
- Make Yelp Friends, it is social media so the more credible your friends the better you own credibility.6.
- Describe each review in some detail to gain trustworthiness try to keep your reviews 25-55 words.7.
- Ensure your scores have variety, posting only five-star reviews will likely result in filtering9.
- Write useful reviews or tips then engage in other reviews by marking reviews as funny or helpful to increase your credibility10.
- Build your list of reviews over time, going from 0-50 reviews in a weekend is a signal for trouble.